Everything you need to know for December 5th!
Make your day merry and bright – Check out or BUSR Holiday Playlist on Spotify!
Where: You choose where in the world you’d like to participate from! The possibilities are endless when it comes to a virtual race.
See below for suggested Kamloops walk/run routes.
When: 6am PST – 4pm PST
- You have all morning/afternoon to complete your walk/run/bike/ski/snowshoe etc.
- Send us photos of your route, outfit, after party and whatever else you can think of for your chances to win some great prizes. *See prize categories below*
- 2.5K or 5K
- NEW FOR 2021: Double or Nothing – 10K – 5K for 5 years? No problem! So, why not double it?
- For the “Best Time” prize, you must complete a 5K or 10K
Prize Giveaway: 4:30pm PST
- Join us on Twitch for our prize giveaway, and to claim any prizes you are drawn for! All prizes will be delivered on Sunday evening to the address provided.
- You are entered to win prizes just for registering or donating, but there are also additional prizes to be won. See below for the prize categories.
5th Year Specials
Since day one, we haven’t been like any other run, and we continue to strive to make your experience festive and fun! Check out our 5 Year Finds here for everyone to participate in on race day. They’ll give you more chances to win spectacular prizes!
Prize Tiers & Categories
Our prize tiers are simple:
– Register/Donate and you’re entered into our general prize draw.
– Share a photo to your social media pages (or send us an email) to win! See our prize categories below:
- Most Festive Cat
- Most Festive Dog
- Best After Party Celebration
- Ugliest Sweater
- Best 5K & 10K Time (send us a screen shot of your route/time via email or on social media)
- Farthest Away (Participant farthest from Kamloops)
- Christmas Spirit Award (An individual that is a ray of Christmas cheer)
- Family of Ugly Sweaters/Outfits
- Best Homemade Sweater
- The Duo/Couple with the best Holiday Sweaters/Outfits
Prizes will also be awarded to individuals who participate in the photo scavenger hunt and ugly sweater hunt.
***Enter to win by tagging us in your photos and using the hashtag #brennansuglysweaterrun on Facebook and Instagram. If you do not have social media, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, we will “like” posts to ensure we have received your submission.
Directions for the Mural Walk: Starting from Amplified Cafe, walk down 5th until you reach the alley between Victoria and Lansdowne. Walk through the alley enjoying the murals until you’re forced onto Lansdowne. Walk west on Lansdowne until 1st St. Go up 1st until you reach the alley between Victoria and Seymour. Walk down this alley until 8th St, then take Victoria back to Amplified.
For the Schubert Drive route shown below, begin behind the Sandman Centre. Cross the Overlander Bridge and head down to Schubert Drive. Once you have reached the Halston Bridge, you have completed 5K. Turn around and follow the same route back to make it 10K. Remember to keep an eye out for our 7 felt, ugly sweaters hidden along Schubert Drive.
Please be mindful of traffic and pedestrian crossings. Use these suggested routes at your own risk. Brennan’s Ugly Sweater Run is in no way liable for mishaps, accidents, or negligence as per our registration terms.